2016 is expected to be all about flaunting your natural hair texture. Now we’d all love that, wouldn’t we? It’ll let us sleep for 20 minutes longer in the morning! However, the images that go along with every such article, has chic girls flaunting their care free mane, which was most certainly styled and no, they did not wake up like that! So when Philips introduced me to their new Easy Natural Curler, I couldn’t wait to try it because it claimed to help you achieve those coveted natural waves. Usually, I try out the tools much before I give you my 2 cents on it but this time around, I tried this device for the first time while we were snapping these pictures. So this one’s a first impression/review.
Like any other Philips tool, this one is compact & extremely easy to use. It comes with visual instructions so that you can imitate exactly, which really does come in handy until you get a hang of it. If you have curled your hair using a straightener before, you’ll find it easier to use this. However, every time I tried to do that, I could never achieve this care-free, wavy vibe. I frankly really loved the way my hair looked by the end of it & the best part was that it took me 15 minutes to do it all. So here’s what I did to go from plain jane to chic mane!
1) Prep your hair with a hair serum. I slightly blow dried my hair to achieve an even texture and also to attempt tame that unwanted frizz. However, I later realized that the Easy Natural curler can also be used to straighten & curl at the same time.
2) I then started by taking 3-4 centimeter sections and sprayed every section with some hair spray before I inserted it into the hair tool. This step will help in making curl more defined as well as long lasting.
3) Then, pressing the two buttons at the bottom, clip your hair in and then leave the buttons to secure that section.
4) Depending on whether you want inward curls or outward curls, start rotating the device, lightly pulling it downwards.
5) Once you’re at the end of that section, you’ll be left with a casual curl!
6) Repeat these steps through your entire hair and voila!
I absolutely loved the way my hair turned out. However, if you’re looking at buying a curler, that will give big bouncy curls, this is not for you! This is for someone who likes that casual, Kendall Jenner vibe and doesn’t mind spending that extra 15 minutes to keep her mane on fleek. I won’t lie, it may take a little getting used to, but the effort will be worth it! I hope this was helpful & if any of you have tried it before or do in the future, do let me know your thoughts on it!