Loafers-Wanted shoes, Spray paint, glue gun and half pearls – Stationary store
Embellished shoes were all over the fall runaways. Be it the metallic heels or studded loafers, they were all seen in plenty. I don’t wear loafers that often, I’m more of a sandals/ballet flats person. But embellished anything is always tempting and hence the thought of turning my loafers into something pretty so that I could at least wear them. So here’s how you can upgrade your shoes from boring to ‘where’d you get them?!’ shoes.
What you need :-
– Shoes/ Loafers
– Gold spray paint
– Half pearls
– Scotch tape
– Glue gun / Glue
1) Start of with taping off the sections of your shoes which you don’t want the spray paint to ruin. I wanted to spray paint the heel and bottom seem of my shoes so I taped the shoe accordingly.
2) Hold the spray paint can a few inches away from your shoe and start to evenly spray the paint. Go slow to achieve that even, smooth look. Don’t forget to lay some newspaper where you’re doing this as you don’t want to ruin your flooring now, do you?
3) Let the paint dry for about an hour. My loafers had tassels in the front, so I decided to take them out and spray paint them separately.
4) Once the paint is dry, take your glue gun and start placing the pearls where you’d like to. I decided to place two stripes around the heel.
5) Let that dry for about 15 minutes. And voila.
Your perfect pair of fall loafers are right in front of you. Time to go flaunt them!