I love cooking but I’m not much of a baker. I don’t know whether, it is the fact that for that perfect end result, baking needs you to follow a recipe to the T or that even after following the recipe, the uncertainty of what happens inside that oven can only be resolved at the end of the set time! However, I’ve always enjoyed some good old Banana bread, specially during this time of the year so, I decided to share my quick and easy recipe with you too! It’s a very simple recipe that almost anyway can recreate so don’t be afraid to give it a go!
What you’ll need
2-3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup brown sugar (you can tweak this as per your taste)
1 egg or 1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla syrup or essence
1/2 cup Canola Oil or Melted Unsalted Butter
1 1/4 cup flour (whole wheat or oat)
A pinch of salt
- Take a big bowl and mash up the bananas till they turn to a semi liquid consistency.
- Now add in the brown sugar and mix.
- Add in the Canola oil to the bowl. I use Canola oil to avoid dairy but you could use butter instead of it too.
- Whisk a single egg in a separate bowl before adding it in. If you’d like to avoid this step, you could add in some baking soda instead.
- Mix in a pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 1 tablespoon vanilla essence.
- Finally, fold in the flour, mixing it all evenly.
- I love adding chocolate chips to my banana bread but you could also add in some crushed walnuts or almonds.
- Once it’s all done, pour the mixture into the tin. I always preheat my tin for 5-8 minutes in the microwave before pouring it in.
- I add in some more chocolate chips on the top and also sprinkle some fresh cinnamon.
- Set your microwave to a suitable setting and let the bread bake for about 35-45 minutes.
- Once done, let it rest for a bit before you take it out of the tin and cut it into slices.
Hope you guys enjoyed this post! Don’t forget to share pictures of your Banana Breads with me on Instagram. Also, do comment below and let me know if you’d want me to do more food posts like this one!